1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone ever worked at Guitar Center?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Lowner, May 5, 2006.

1. Lowner

Lowner

May 14, 2005
    Over Here
    I walked out on my job 2 months ago(long story) and have been living off my saving ever since. I desperatly need a job and I just keep sending out resumes and applying for jobs and do not even get a call for an interview or anything. So I am going to go into GC and put in an application. Why not? I like guitars and am knowledgeable about them. I would rather work around guitars than work in some office doing paper work or answering the phone. But has anyone here ever worked for them or knew anyone that did? Are they a good place to work for? I am a woman and do not want to be that woman that sits at the exit and checks packages as people exit.

2. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Eric Cameron works at GC.

3. tkozal

tkozal

Feb 16, 2006
    New York City
    one of the guys I know raved about working at the 14th st NYC store. He said he makes 45-50k per year, with bennies.

But if you walked into the 14th st store, they would probably have a woman check packages, sorry, they seem to be, like most musicians, a pretty misogynist bunch, IMHO...

4. tkozal

tkozal

Feb 16, 2006
    New York City
    "a pretty misogynist bunch, IMHO..."

for example, check out the new "Mens work Womens work" poll in another section....:smug:

5. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    i work at gc. i like it alot. as long as you know a thing or two about a thing or two, and you have a good personality...you should be fine for the sales floor. they like people with previous sales experience... but i didn't have that much. only one previous sales job, actually.
    bottom line: fun. it's a fun place to work, and as long as you're enthusiastic and willing to do whatever it takes... then you're hired.

6. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    there are quite successful female gc employees, by the way.

7. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    okey... REAL bottom line: it's a sales job. approach it like any other sales job, and you're cool.
    sales = the transference of ENTHUSIASM.