1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone experience the Stambaugh Resonance?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by richnota, Apr 29, 2010.

1. richnota

richnota Gold Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Santa Cruz
    Anyone play one of the Stambaugh Resonance basses? Piezo-equipped with a solid bridge?

I've heard plenty of raves about his other basses. Wondering if one might make it to my "piezo posse"

Resonance5big.

2. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Now that has real appeal! I'm also curious.

3. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    One lovely looking bass.

4. Shy Guy

Shy Guy

Sep 23, 2008
    Templeton, MA
    Reminds me of an MB-2, probably sounds along those lines two judging by the control

5. I'm surprised you don't already have two. :ninja::bag:

6. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    The first Stambaugh I tried was exactly like that. At the time I got to hear 2 Rob Allens, fretted & fretless playing together. I loved the sound, then got to meet Chris Stambaugh and got the fever. I had a Resonance 5 made with Hi-C. Mahogany body, maple top, macassar ebony F/B and 5 pc. laminate neck.
    One piezo, one magnetic P.U. volume, tone and blend control. Beautiful sound and build.
    A tremendous value compared to most boutique basses.

7. richnota

Jan 11, 2005
    Santa Cruz
    As usual, I'm waiting to get the spade2you signature edition.:bassist:

8. richnota

Jan 11, 2005
    Santa Cruz
    post pics please! sounds like its a beautiful bass.

9. LOL, not sure if I'll be getting a signature Resonance. I'm sure they're good, but I have other plans for Chris since my Rob Allens are more than enough for me!