1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

anyone familiar w/ the eden CXC-410C4?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pil101, Jul 7, 2001.

1. pil101

pil101

Jul 8, 2000
    i purchased this amp recently and i like the tone. few questions:

1. is it 400 or 250 watts (i dont understand ohms)?
    2. when i play w/ my band it always seems to clip and the Output Limit light goes on. i even tried turning down the gain and boosting the master volume. i would think this amp should be able to be loud.
    3.would adding a 1x15 cab do to the sound?
    4. any other comments about this amp?

thanks,

erik

2. 1. It's 400 watts with a 4-ohm load, and 250 watts with an 8-ohm load. The internal speakers are an 8-ohm load, so you'll need to hook up another 8-ohm cabinet to get the full 400 watts out of it. There is an extension speaker jack on it, no?

2. Do it the other way around--keep the gain up and the master down. The output limit light going on is perfectly normal.

3. A 1x15 would add a lot more "thump" to the sound. Considering that the Eden 10" woofers have a lot of low midrange in the first place, adding a 15" would just muddy things up. See if you can't score yourself a D-212XLT.

4. I've played through one before and liked it a lot. The speakers don't put out as much low end as the ones in my pair of D-210Ts, though, because they have smaller excursion limits.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Just a personal opinion ... don't get the Eden D-212XLT. I owned that cab for a while, and it's not as tight as tens and doesn't have the bottom of a 15. I sold it to a guy who likes a lot of mid punch, and he loves 'em. For your rig, an Eden 115 would sound great. It's not a flabby speaker, and doesn't add mud (I replaced the 212 with a 115).