anyone familiar w/ the eden CXC-410C4?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pil101, Jul 7, 2001.

1. pil101

Jul 8, 2000
    i purchased this amp recently and i like the tone. few questions:

1. is it 400 or 250 watts (i dont understand ohms)?
    2. when i play w/ my band it always seems to clip and the Output Limit light goes on. i even tried turning down the gain and boosting the master volume. i would think this amp should be able to be loud.
    3.would adding a 1x15 cab do to the sound?
    4. any other comments about this amp?

2. 1. It's 400 watts with a 4-ohm load, and 250 watts with an 8-ohm load. The internal speakers are an 8-ohm load, so you'll need to hook up another 8-ohm cabinet to get the full 400 watts out of it. There is an extension speaker jack on it, no?

2. Do it the other way around--keep the gain up and the master down. The output limit light going on is perfectly normal.

3. A 1x15 would add a lot more "thump" to the sound. Considering that the Eden 10" woofers have a lot of low midrange in the first place, adding a 15" would just muddy things up. See if you can't score yourself a D-212XLT.

4. I've played through one before and liked it a lot. The speakers don't put out as much low end as the ones in my pair of D-210Ts, though, because they have smaller excursion limits.
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Just a personal opinion ... don't get the Eden D-212XLT. I owned that cab for a while, and it's not as tight as tens and doesn't have the bottom of a 15. I sold it to a guy who likes a lot of mid punch, and he loves 'em. For your rig, an Eden 115 would sound great. It's not a flabby speaker, and doesn't add mud (I replaced the 212 with a 115).