Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone familiar with iBackups.net.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by lbanks, Jan 16, 2004.

1. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
  2. what exactly is photoshop CS?

3. IIRC its the watered down version of photoshop...

or is that PS elements?

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    No, photoshop CS is the newest version of Photoshop.

Adobe, rather than calling it 8, decided to call it CS, in conjunction with all their applications, in a new suite called. yup you guessed it
    Creative Suite

Adobe premiere CS
    Adobe illustrator CS
    Adobe After effects CS

..etc.

It is a full featured version of Photoshop, nothing like elements at all.

5. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Yeah, its one of Adobe's flagship programs and run about $700 full version, retail full version. They're offering it for about $100. I know enough to know that there's legal ways to get software at reduced prices, but they're rare and usually comes with restrictions. I'd like to know if this place is for real...

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I don't know, surely the box alone doesn't cost $600 :p

I love the idea though, I'm not a big fan of CDs and such.

It would be nice if more companies offered this method of getting software, purchasing it online, then downloading it.

You could get a unique code that would confirm you own it incase something happened to the file, or to your computer.

7. yeah thats the only way i would feel safe with the online buying of downloadable things (itunes etc) if there was no way to d/l it again incase of something like a hard disk failure then i would be very hesitant to buy it. then again, thats what god made cdrws for :smug:

8. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I took another chance and bought Photoshop CS. Everything seems to be in order and I like the software, so far. Won't know for sure until I do a few projects with it. There was one point, when activating the software, where I had a 'warez' flashback, but everything seems nice and LEGAL. Adobe even mentions the distribution method in their README. Photoshop for less than $100! I never thought I'd see that! One thing, though. They have this counter running as you enter the website. If you make a purchase before it elapse, you get a further discount. Its like you're being rushed to make a decision. I can think of a number reasons for the rush(high bandwidth, mostly), but still...