Anyone familiar with Nady Encore 200 Wireless?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by cgworkman, Oct 20, 2004.

1. cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Anyone recommend a decent wireless unit if not this one?
  2. Why did they make it VHF?
  3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Get a Shure, AKG or Sennheiser system designed for bass frequencies. Anything else is a waste of money. Wireless tends to degrade certain bass frequencies during decompression from digital to analog and it's very noticable! I tried a Samson UHF unit once and I just grabbed it off my amp, pulled all the cables and just plugged my bass into my amp directly. Wireless is garbage unless it's high end.
  4. cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    That's what I've always heard. But I REALLY need a wireless unit.

At what price point are talking to be considered "High End"?
  5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I added AKG to my list. Price point? $250+ unless you find a bargain somewhere. If you decide to go wireless, be prepared for crappy sound results. Just to be clear, I'm only speaking of bass related frequencies. Guitar and vocals frequencies seem to translate fine.
  6. farboozle

Apr 18, 2000
    Fairfax VA
    xwire on ebay right now. search for x-wire. A little expensive to be sure, but incomparable with other units.
  7. jonathanl

Jan 12, 2003
    Orinda, CA
    I agree that on bass wireless units, you definitely get what you pay for. You could try the AKG dual diversity guitar bug, or Shure "The guitarist", but like they say.. you do get what you pay for.

Save up, and get a nice one so you won't regret it later. Like the Shure ULX series, or the Sennheiser EW100 G2 series. (Those are the 'cheapest' of the high end.. starting at $400+)

But they work extremely well.
  8. DB5

Jul 3, 2001
    Austin Texas
    The Shure ULX works for me.
  9. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
  10. I got the AKG guitar bug for me. The bass is there.