anyone familiar with the ampeg b2r amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Starrchild, Nov 10, 2000.

1. Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    hello low down funkster's,is anyone familiar with ampeg's b2r amp and doe's it hold up during performing.i havn't had the oppurtunity to take it out and perform wit it i guess i need to answer my own ? and go get down wit it.i like the tone although i'm still getting used to it being i used to have i eden wt-300 and 210 xlt but had to sell amp& cab.
    now my cab is a goliath 2 which is kinda cool.
  2. TonyS

Dec 13, 1999
    I've had mine for a little over 2 years. Can't say that I drive it hard ... (1) 4hr. gig or rehearsal/week, plus thirty to sixty min. daily. No problems thus far. I like it alot.

3. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    I got a B2R to ease the wear-and-tear on my Mesa Bass 400 tube amp, and I think it's one of the best amp values for the money (I paid $489). I use it with an SWR SOB 1-15 and Goliath Jr.III 2-10 and it's plenty loud for all the indoor shows I've played. I like the tone of the amp, the controls are really versatile, and the 5-year warranty is hard to beat. The only downside is that the fan is really noisy, there's no ground lift on the XLR, and it's larger than it needs to be (15" deep). All in all, I like it a lot better than the Peavey, G-K and Carvin amps I had before.
  4. Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    right on for the insight guy's keep getting down and remember 2 stay low.u right the fan is noisy i thought mine's had a

[Edited by starr on 11-25-2000 at 12:26 PM]