Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone familiar with the Dell 2400?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by KSDbass, Feb 24, 2006.

1. KSDbass

KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    atlanta
    I'm looking for a new CPU fan, but I don't know what the socket number is. Anyone know?

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    "google is your friend"...

man, lazy as some people are nowadays...

3. KSDbass

KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    atlanta
    I just asked dell hardware support, and they said it was socket N... anyone ever heard of this socket N? I can't find it on tigerdirect...

4. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Socket N? Hmm.. I'm not familiar with it.
    I thought that the Dell Dimension 2400s had Celeron processors. Actually, I am quite certain of it. Just to be certain though, goto "My Computer" and instead of double-clicking it right click it and hit properties. A bunch of information should come up something like

System
    windows xp..
    etc.
    etc.

Registered to
    whomever..

Then it should say "Computer" and under that should be information like Intel Celeron processor 2.4 Ghz, 512 RAM, etc. Make sure that it is a celeron which means it's socket 478.
    Something like this should work if I'm right: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835106606

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    The Dell website will also scan your PC for you and tell you this info.

-Mike

6. KSDbass

KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    atlanta
    yeah, I searched socket N on google and it seemed like every useful hit I got related Socket N with socket 478, so thanks for all the help.