Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone Familiar With This Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Spector_Ray, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I've seen this one up for bids on ebay numerous times and was wondering if any of my fellow European TB Brothers personally know anything about it.

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    NS2? NS2A? Something along those lines...

Ray

3. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I know it's a Spector, but I was wondering if anyone has had any intimate details of this particular bass. More to the point, I was wondering why it's been hot-potatoed around so much.

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Ah, gotcha... thought you were looking for a model number :). Good luck

Ray

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Actually, it's a Czech made NS-4CR.

What exactly do you mean by "hot-potatoed"? Has it been listed several times by different sellers? If so, do you have the links to the other sellers auctions?

6. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    It's been listed several times on ebay by individuals and this time it looks like it's listed by a music store.

7. I must have seen this a dozen times, +1 on the NS4-CR. I haven't paid it much attention but I thought it was always listed by the same German music shop. It doesn't ever seem to sell and that's got to be down to price. My NS4-CR cost less than half the price they are listing this at, and mine was mint. IMO most people looking for Spectors are after a Maple body.

8. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

yep, maybe cause it's Europe but I've seen them go for $600 - $900 US tops - mint. That looks on the rough side and probably has a neck issue if it's being passed around. Had a friend ship me one to check out that was mint and it sold for about 6 - with a Pedulla flight case. Had EMG PJ's, weighed 10 lbs., and sounded so much like my GSR 200 with EMG PJ's it was splitting hairs. Played a little better but not much. Also didn't like the Ergonomic feel.