Anyone familiar with "True Bypass Strip" from

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassisten, Jan 27, 2005.

1. bassisten

Sep 15, 2004
    Bergen, Norway

The title says it, do you use a "true bypass strip" from

- If so, tell me all about it. :smug:

True Bypass Strip
  2. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I'm going to move this to "Effects". You'll probably get more responses over here.
  3. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    ive never used one but i do know this much...its a strip that is more or less a bunch of FX loops. you plug yoru pedals into the strip and your pedals become "true bypass". which is to say they are true bypass until activated. when you activate the loop for your pedal then the pedal is no longer bypassed. when you switch it off it is bypassed.
  4. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    That's the same concept as those "Loooper" pedals, right?
  5. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    yea essentially. and for people liek myself who have their pedals rackmounted and use a switching system, the foot controls are the same way or at least mine is. check it out ( but yea the looper pedals are the same way.
  6. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I used one for about a year. Downright excellent. Great build quality, true bypass, like a tank. Mine had 4 loops, each with its own switch. I ran each of my 4 effects through it, leaving them on, then using the loop switch to activate them. Well worth the money, and they have great resale value, I got nearly all the money back on mine when I sold it on Ebay.

I now use a 2 loop pedal, since most of my effects are true bypass and I want to shrink the size of my board.
  7. As the gods shine down from above...... I NEED this *pedal*!!!!!