Anyone from Canada used Musicians Friend?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Circus, Jan 10, 2004.

1. I want to get one of those new american jazz's with the s-1, and mf has them for a good price. Now, has anyone here who lives in canada ever ordered from them? I am assuming they will have no problem with it, but I don't want to spend a fortune on shipping.
  2. why wont they send that stuff to Canada? i mean, i dont think i'd ever order anything off there in the first place, but dosent it seem like a bad business decision to cut Canada out of the formula like that? its not like they dont already have the provisions to ship here
  3. You should ask them :)

I have to say things here in Canada arent always the my area new MIA Fenders are usually listed with their 'list price' And even though i like Fenders, i think thats a rip :rolleyes:

And it was cheaper for me to buy a RIC out of a company from the USA then have it shipped here than it was for me to buy here. At the time L&M wanted roughly 2000$ for a RIC. But the one i got from the USA came out around 1500$ after all duties and taxes...

I think it depends whereabouts you are and the product your getting.
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Maybe it's because a lot of companies have different distributors for each the US and Canada. So if you buy from MF, they in turn buy from the US distributor. So it hurts the CAN distributor, since your gear isn't bought from him.

This is just a theory of mine, but it's pretty much the same with movie DVDs (region codes).