Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone from Minnesota that knows of a good bass tech?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by odie, Sep 8, 2002.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

Anyone here that knows a decent tech/luthier in the Minnesota area?? Also any good music stores other than the typical Mars/ G.C.??

Thanx!!

2. DW

DW

Jun 22, 2000
    Andrew Bell, co-owner of Twin Town Guitars in Minneapolis, "home of the $20 setup".

Ron at Hoffman Guitars, Minneapolis

Woody at Willie's American Guitars in St. Paul (best retail store)

David Rusan in Bloomington, also does some basic free adjustments late Saturday afternoons at GC Edina.

3. odie

odie Supporting Member

Thanx for the heads up!!! Have you worked all of these personaly??

Also are you in a band around here?? Oh and fill out your profile its only been over 2 years!!! ;)

4. DW

DW

Jun 22, 2000
    Andrew has done repair work for me, although I set up my own basses. Woody has repaired a couple of basses before I bought them, that's how I know of his work. Ron I know of by reputation, not personally, though he has answered questions for me on the phone (Hoffman makes high end custom guitars and their repair rates are on the high side). I don't know David Rusan, but have seen him several times at GC.

Not in a band, just do studio work for one owner/producer as needed. Suits me just fine.

5. Check out Groth Music (952-884-4772) in Bloomington. They're on Nicollet Ave. I haven't used them yet, but they do have a large instrument repair business that services band and orchestra, as well as guitars. My teacher teaches out of there. Nice folks.

I've also heard good things about Mr. Mark Music in Anoka (763-421-5455)