Anyone from Norway here?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Dragen, Feb 2, 2001.

1. Dragen

Aug 31, 2000
    I've asked this before, but I'm anxious to meet other norwegian bassists.
  2. Although I'm not Norwegian, I did play with a guy named Arne Benoni on an extensive tour in Norway some years back, I didn't want to leave.
  3. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Couple players from Finland and Sweden here tho. As close as it comes?
  4. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    My drummer is Norwegian, does that count? :)
  5. Dragen

Aug 31, 2000
    A little bit I guess..........where from then?
  6. Dragen

Aug 31, 2000
    COOL........, but where are you?
  7. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Oh yeah, the profiles aren't what they used to be...

Göteborg, Sweden. (Or "Gothenburg", as it usually is written in English.)
  8. That was one of my favorites, I played the jazz festival in '90, still have a levi jacket from there
  9. Coupla years ago I did a gig with a keyboard player from Norway, but I've forgotten his name (it's creeping senility). He is one of Norway's top jazz players, and he is also a surgeon, and he was here in New Zealand on a lecture tour. Nice guy, and nice player. Damn, what was his name?
  10. halfnote

Feb 1, 2001
    I recently took a trip to Stavanger Norway. It was one of the coolest places I have ever been in my life. I partied until 4 in the morning every night with complete strangers that treated me like I was a longtime friend. I also heard a MOST kickin' Norwegian blues band...just dropped my jaw.

The beer (if your into that) is INCREDIBLY expensive though!
  11. Dragen

Aug 31, 2000
    Hehe...nice to see that you enjoyed yourself. I'm going to Stavanger this weekend (I just had my 18. birthday, which means I can go to bars.legally!!!). That's a weekend I'm looking forward to. And yes; the beer is really expensive. But Stavanger rocks.
  12. Hey Dragen, Have a Mack for me!
  13. Don Fabrizio

Don Fabrizio Guest

Jan 27, 2001
    last year i spent my holidays in norway. i hate every country with a warm climate, so i enjoyed it...