Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone from Phily know fathead?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by notanewbie, Jul 13, 2001.

1. I saw them a couple weeks ago, what a cool band? I love the two singers, Please tell me if you know anything about them.

2. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    One of my buddies LOVES that band... I want to see them but for some reason I'm always out of town when they're playing.

I've heard nothing but good things about them...

3. Hey Oddentity, I also saw your reply on moe. you obviously have some good taste in music, I have a couple more band suggestions for you, deep banana blackout, g.love and special sauce, ozomalti, Jurassic five, Buddha hood, galactic, and the string cheese incident. If you ever get a chance take a listen to some of these bands, you might like. Also I would like a list of some of the indi bands that you listen to, I am always up for new music.

4. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    Thanks notanewbie! I'm a fan of G. Love (another Philly boy!), Galactic and J5... I saw Ozomatli at Phish's Camp Oswego a few years ago, very cool! I have yet to hear Deep Banana Blackout, Buddha Hood and SCI. I'll definitely check 'em out!

As for some obscure bands I like ... hmmmm...

spacey and synthy:
    Ozric Tentacles (their music flows in my veins)
    Porcupine Tree

electronic:
    Eat Static
    Banco de Gaia
    Shpongle
    Aphex Twin
    Squarepusher (great bass playing!)
    Autechre

jammy:
    Big Wu
    Club D'Elf
    Disco Biscuits

international:
    Mad Professor (dub reggae)
    Afro Celt Sound System (trad. Irish & African music blended with electronic beats)
    Shakti (fusion of Indian classical music and jazz, feat. John McLaughlin and Zakir Hussein)

hip-hop:
    The Roots
    Black Star
    Mos Def
    Common
    Black Eyed Peas
    The Spooks
    Talib Kweli & Hi-Tek

Hmmmm.... if I was at home with my CDs I could give you some more names.... :)

5. Hey odd, I don't know if you would be interested but if you have a cd burner and want to burn some of your stuff, I will do the same ( I have hundreds of cool cd's) then send them to each other, E-mail me at virus0429@aol.com, we can get addresses and 50 or so new cd's for around $15.00, anyways just a thought.

6. Just don't let metallica find out.