Anyone from Phily know fathead?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by notanewbie, Jul 13, 2001.

1. I saw them a couple weeks ago, what a cool band? I love the two singers, Please tell me if you know anything about them.
  2. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    One of my buddies LOVES that band... I want to see them but for some reason I'm always out of town when they're playing.

I've heard nothing but good things about them...
  3. Hey Oddentity, I also saw your reply on moe. you obviously have some good taste in music, I have a couple more band suggestions for you, deep banana blackout, and special sauce, ozomalti, Jurassic five, Buddha hood, galactic, and the string cheese incident. If you ever get a chance take a listen to some of these bands, you might like. Also I would like a list of some of the indi bands that you listen to, I am always up for new music.
  4. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Thanks notanewbie! I'm a fan of G. Love (another Philly boy!), Galactic and J5... I saw Ozomatli at Phish's Camp Oswego a few years ago, very cool! I have yet to hear Deep Banana Blackout, Buddha Hood and SCI. I'll definitely check 'em out!

As for some obscure bands I like ... hmmmm...

spacey and synthy:
    Ozric Tentacles (their music flows in my veins)
    Porcupine Tree

Eat Static
    Banco de Gaia
    Aphex Twin
    Squarepusher (great bass playing!)

Big Wu
    Club D'Elf
    Disco Biscuits

Mad Professor (dub reggae)
    Afro Celt Sound System (trad. Irish & African music blended with electronic beats)
    Shakti (fusion of Indian classical music and jazz, feat. John McLaughlin and Zakir Hussein)

The Roots
    Black Star
    Mos Def
    Black Eyed Peas
    The Spooks
    Talib Kweli & Hi-Tek

Hmmmm.... if I was at home with my CDs I could give you some more names.... :)
  5. Hey odd, I don't know if you would be interested but if you have a cd burner and want to burn some of your stuff, I will do the same ( I have hundreds of cool cd's) then send them to each other, E-mail me at, we can get addresses and 50 or so new cd's for around $15.00, anyways just a thought.

6. Just don't let metallica find out.