Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone From Sacramento Area going to Bass Quake?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Josh Curry, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Hey, I was wondering if there's anyone else here from the Sacramento area that is planning on going to Bass Quake 2004 in a few weeks. I would really like to go and am looking for some other guys to share gas costs and stuff. Or if someone who is already planning on going and has a nice big comfy SUV and needs someone else to help pay for gas and have some company along the way.

"Bass Quake or Bust!"

2. DigthemLows

DigthemLows

Oct 10, 2003
    Sacramento CA
    I'm here in sactown...........what are the details of bass quake?

3. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Check it out here, it's down near San Jose

http://www.bassquake.org/

4. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Wasn't there a new luthier out of Sacto that posts here? Really cool Les Paulish looking basses. Can't remember the name but you should drop him a PM. I'd love to play one of those.

5. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    I don't know yet. I was just reading about it today and I can't decide if it looks cool or if it looks like a waste of time. Has anyone ever been to a previous Bassquake?

6. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    I think you mean Scott French. yeah, he's actually from somewhere fairly north of here. I haven't talked to him in a while. I might just do that.

7. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    I figure for $35 bucks and since it's close enough to drive there and back the same day without need for a hotel It would be cool to go to. Especially since some of my influences will be there.

8. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Yeah, San Jose is about a half an hour away from my house so its not the driving that's keeping me from going. I will probably end up going there.

9. DigthemLows

DigthemLows

Oct 10, 2003
    Sacramento CA
    let me check with the lady, but I think i'd like to kick in some gas money to go...........

10. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    Im in SF , but i think i'll have to go register and check this out :)

11. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    I've decided that I am definitely going. It's close enough to be convenient and I really want to see Michael Manring and Stu Hamm. My two-hand tap technique and my "speed slap" is almost completely based on techniques I learned from Stu. Those guys have always been influences to me. Has anyone else been to one of these before? Do you get to hang and chat with these guys? I am hoping to get some stuff signed.

12. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Yes, that's him. Nice:

13. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our singer just reminded me that we have a show that afternoon at the Downtown plaza mall here in Sac. This totally sucks.

14. I live in San Ho, so I really have no excuse. Being a not-so-experienced player, and not quite sure what to expect, I'm still undecided about going.

Any feedback from someone who's been before?

15. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    As a fun after party, come see my band, The Bikini Bottom Band, at the Final Score at 1126 Saratoga Ave in San Jose. We start at 9:30pm (ending at around 12:30) on the same day as BassQuake. There is no cover charge and no drink minimum. So, feel free to come and have a listen.

Oh, and please introduce yourself to me. I'm always happy to meet fellow bassists.

16. BQ is a pretty informal atmosphere. The artists are happy to talk with you there. And there will be much gear on display to check out. Regardless of your skill level, I can promise you'll leave with tools to become even better. Or at the very least you'll have made some great contacts with others in the bass community.

Oh and you'll have a chance to try out the full line of Neo Series cabinets from Gallien-Krueger :hyper:

17. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I may try to stop by. I have a gig in downtown Santa Cruz until about 4:00PM. Bad timing :(

The gig's free btw if any of you wanna come check it out. It's in the parking lot behind Logos Books and Toadal Fitness

18. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    It looks like my luck has changed! Our show on the 25th had to be rescheduled. So it looks like I'll be able to go. YEAH!

19. this sounds interesting...theoretically I could go...my gig is not until 9:00.

20. Chaputa

Chaputa Bass-Not just fo eatin anymore

Is this one of those events that you bring your bass with you?

Just curious...