Anyone get the New KoRn CD?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by I_am_Rage, Jun 11, 2002.

1. I bought UNTOUCHABLES today after school. I was so happy that it was coming out and couldn't wait to go pick it up. I am half way through it right now and to tell you the truth it is not impressing me. The only really really good song other then Here to Stay is Thoughtless (and that's the next single). I am disappointed. It reminds me of Issues and i was hoping something totally different then that. It has it's differences but i'd say it's most like it. Why can't they have Follow the Leader **** again. That album was awesome. Damn, I am pissed. I was hoping for so much more. I think they got more industrial or something. I liked the straight up metal so much more. Man they said it was a great album and heavy but i totally disagree. It's decent, I need to give a couple more listens and finish the album before i really judge it but for now i am disappointed. Anyone agree? disagree?
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    It already appeared on the internet more than 4 weeks ago. I like KoRn, but I think this is not their best effort.
  3. Indeed.. i downloaded it 4 weeks ago.. ( and deleted it 10 minutes later ;) )
  4. Whereas the new Hatebreed and Skinlab albums are ****ING BRUTAL!
  5. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    off to RECORDINGS
  6. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    i downloaded the album as soon as i found it and i fell in love with it i think this is a very very hard album and stuff like hatebreed doesnt appeal to me its like they are mono tone were as john can sing how he wants while they still keep their hardness im still a korn fan
  7. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Aint it funny, most of the people that bag these guys, are now seriosly talking about them :D

I have heard it, and it is not what i expected. I think it is BETTER! Here to stay sounds like anthem with the drum intro and as for the rest, whoa. Damn cool. :D
  8. I have not heard the new hatebreed cd but the skinlab cd really good.
  9. Monotone - a bit like Davies' lyrics over the past five albums.

If you think that Untouchables is a hard album then I shudder to think what would happen if you heard some Carnal Forge or Lockup. They don't have any forced melody though, so you probably wouldn't like them.
  10. I found that the beat from Here to Stay was a lot like Got the Life. That song is kinda catchy but nothing more.
  11. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I think Korns best efforts were with out a doubt the first or second cd. Everything after that went downhill.

Hey PF, how would you describe Skinlab and Hatebreed? Im kinda interested.
  12. Julien

Dec 29, 2001
    to me the best is by far life is's the more "sincere" one.
  13. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    ages ago KoRn promised that this album would be 'much harder-edged and aggressive' and that it would 'hopefully scare off all the poseurs who latched on to iSsUeS'. that's not what i'm hearing. it's as mainstream and as hollow as iSsUeS ever was, maybe a little more so.

the boys from Cryptopsy would eat their collective faces, and then defecate all over their household pets. with much relish, i might add. monotonous crybaby tunes for the perpetually clueless majority, i gotta say.
  14. Skinlab's earlier albums sound quite a lot like Machine Head, only with a darker, more sinister edge. Today, they sound like Machine Head would without having committed the atrocity that was 'The Burning Red', only with a little more of an atmospheric feel, like twisted harmony etc. The heavy parts are accentuated by the odd-sounding slow parts. Songs full of killer riffing and odd time signatures.

Hatebreed - wow. They get dismissed a lot as a band for posers, but they're as brutal and as meaningful as any other hardcore/metal band going. Imagine early Biohazard, minus the rapping, add some thrash riffs, double bass and soul-wrenching vocals, and you're almost there.

Skinlab killer tracks: Excellerate, Know Your Enemies
    Hatebreed killer tracks: I Will Be Heard, Before Dishonor

I recommend Excellerate and Before Dishonor as the first ones you download(if possible), then the other two.
  15. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hatebreed's pretty good. I'd also say that's a pretty damned accurate description (the parallel w/ Biohazard, who don't get nearly enough props). I find they also remind me a bit of Vision of Disorder (another not-enough-recgonition band).

On Korn...I decline comment due to irreperable differences with said band's "music." The quotation marks should give you some inkling...
  16. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    You want dynamics? Check Nothingface's "Violence"
  17. I didn't mention VOD as they've now moved more towards metal experimentation, with time signature all over the place etc. The early stuff is very much like Hatebreed, Biohazard, Buried Alive et al, but the new stuff is more technical.
  18. RyKnoz

Dec 22, 2001
    How could you KoRn fans turn around and say this album wasn't great?
    I love KoRn and will be attending their concert on June 24 in Madison Square Garden section 120 ( hope 2 c u guys;) ) Well, I think tis was one of their best albums EVER! It is more hardcore then any of their previous albums (touh still not that hard as othr bands). I totall dig the cd, and all my rock buds dig it to. If you don't like their stuff then here's some advice. DON'T BUY IT! Other than that ROCK ON!:cool: