1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone getting a bass for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bman, Dec 14, 2000.

1. bman

bman

Dec 4, 2000
    Sandown, N.H., USA
    A couple weeks ago my wife hinted she wanted to get me an Ashbory for Christmas. We went and tried one out and ended up just getting it that night.
    Now it turns out she wants to get me a Fender Geddy Lee signature Jazz for Christmas.
    Last year she got me a Telecaster. AND she loves hockey.
    It's official. She rules.
    Gonna pick up the Geddy Lee on Sunday.

2. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    be sure to tell me if you divorce her!
    :D

3. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i am a nice guy. with good old european education. what about an adoption? i'll be tour perfect son!

4. snyderz

snyderz Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Got my Christmas Stingray 4 fretless 3 weeks ago. I didn't know we could get two!!!
    Doc

5. Thumper

Thumper

Mar 22, 2000
    Syracuse Ut
    It's official - my Roscoe LG-3005 will arrive this Friday!
    To top it off, I got my '66 Jazz back from Michael Dolan this Tuesday (the man does fantastic work), so I'm doubly blessed. Actually, three times blessed. When I won the auction for the Roscoe, my wife said good, it would make her Christmas shopping easy, she could just give me $. After seeing it, she also informed me I am keeping the Jazz, she now calls it her bass (I was thinking of trading for a Sadowsky).

The Roscoe is the most stunning bass I have ever seen (did anybody see the blonde Roscoe on Ira's sale, it's now mine). It has a spalted, 2 tone burl myrtle body, and a spalted purpleheart board. I have to say, my 48th Christmas will be my best ever. Happy (and safe) Holidays to all.

6. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    I'll be getting a Fender MIM Jazz fretless any day now...

[Edited by oddentity on 12-14-2000 at 09:54 AM]

7. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I got the Hamer Cruise 2T a little while back - a VERY early Christmas/Birthday/next Christmas/next Birthday/Father's Day......well, you get the picture.

8. Samie

Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain
    Yep! My wife said yes to a Bass... so I am getting the Yamaha TRB 5 II Fretless. I should get it on monday. I am in Europe an its the only decent frettless I could find in its price rage. I like the big neck.. I have big hands.

things are changing with wifes!

9. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    bman: can i have your wife for my christmas gift?? hehe jk jk

DM

10. 5156246

Sep 6, 2000
    Germany
    I got my Warwick Thumb-Bolt on 6string fretless today...

I love it!

11. bman

bman

Dec 4, 2000
    Sandown, N.H., USA
    Keep flattering her! Maybe she'll get me an amp, too!

12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Christmas will come in January and March around here.

January, ordering that Eden Metro from BassNW!

Then, come March(or maybe April, depending on the good old property tax situation:mad: )get that AAA quilted Pedulla PentaBuzz!

:D:D:D

That should do me until next Christmas(or at least that's what I told my wife;)), unless I run across a Brad Johnson type deal on a cool old funky bass, like an EB0, RD Artist or Westone Quantum.

13. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    embellisher: GRRRRRRRRRR *Jealousy*

DM

14. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Yesterday I received my Carvin Bunny Brunnel 75 fretless (5-string). I am a happy happy man! Merry Christmas to me. Of course, now I don't have money to get gifts for anyone else. Oh well, I didn't like anybody else anyway! :) :) :)

P.S. Played a gig with it the same night! My drummer now officially loves me! :)

15. I already mentioned this in another thread, but I already have a new Stingray 5 sitting in my room right now. It's blue with a white pearloid pickguard. Unfortunately, I'm 3 final exams and 5 days away from going home to actually see it. Yep, 5 days from now, no more homework :) no more dorm food, back to good old homecooked meals :p and my new stingray :D

16. :( Baahhhh! Humbug.

Okay! I'm just a little bit jealous all right!!! ;)

17. At the moment i'm getting nothing but if you all want to chip in.....i'll have a modulus flea bass please

18. FOE_Bass

FOE_Bass Guest

Jun 29, 2000
    Grass Valley, CA
    I think im getting an upright for christmas!

19. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

20. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I don't like you anymore! :)