1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone gig with a GS112 and a D112XLT stack?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jaycephas, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Jaycephas

Jaycephas Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Waxhaw, NC
    I'm considering getting a D112XLT from a local seller (no Aggie dealers locally). I already have a GS112.

Has anyone had experience gigging these two cabs together? I've searched and gotten lots of opinions on voicing, etc. With the deep Aggie tone and the low mid sound from the Eden, this may be a formidable stack.

My head is a GB Shuttle 6.0.

J

2. I was doing a search as I have a D112XLT and have an opportunity to purchase a GS112that's in great condition.
    I would be using either my Eden WT400 or the Shuttle 6.0 and I thought these 2 cabs might go well together.
    I've never mixed different cabs (companies) before and don't know if there are any inherant issues with that.
    I was glad to find this thread but bummed to find no one else posted.
    Ayone have any insight on the pairing of these 2 brands? Anyone?

3. Just bumping this thread.
    Someone's gotta know something!

4. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Pasco, WA
    Since the GS112 is a deeper sounding cab and the D112XLT is a mid voiced cab, these two cabs have the potential to sound really good together. The GS112 will cover the lows that the D112XLT is missing and the D112XLT will cover the mids that the GS112 is missing.

But then again...maybe not.

Personally, I would go for it but then that's just me.

:D

Joe.

5. Thanks for the insight. I am going to try to get the 2 cabs together this week.
    If I end up not liking the combination I may just sell the XLT and start from scratch on my quest for the perfect 12's.

6. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Pasco, WA
    Cool.

If you don't mind, let us know what you think.

:D

Joe.

7. One of my favorite setups when playing with my southern rock band (3 guitars, les paul & 2 strats all through marshall half stacks) is a Schroeder 1212L and an Aguilar GS112 with a GK 1001RB. Smaller gigs, MarkBass 1x12 combo sitting on a Bergantino EX112. Nothing wrong with mxing cabs.:D