Anyone go to the GreenDay tour?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by sliceanddice, Oct 29, 2004.

1. sliceanddice

Oct 29, 2004
    Did anyone go? (Maybe even to the worster one>?)
    I went and it wuz sick! lol :bassist:

But Green Day never had a really excellent bass.
    I saw the American Idiot tabs.....
    and cracked up :rolleyes:
  2. that's crazy talk. "when i come around"? "longview"? classic bass.
  3. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    "Longview" is definately up there with 'classic-riffs-for-impressing-your-friends'.

Green Day is too expensive for me. I've never seen them, but heard good things about them. My friend was one of the kids picked from the crowd to come on and perform one of their songs during their set.
  4. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I would have gone to the show for New Found Glory. There have been better tours. Nothing special basswise.

And "Longview" and "When I Come Around" are classic.
  5. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    What are you talking about man? The bass definitely stands out, he has some awsome licks.
  6. That's the first time the lead guitarist in my band ever played a song, on stage with Green Day. Hooked him for life.
  7. Mike Dirnt has probably got my favourite pick tone and he's always right up there in the mix. Nothing complicated about the basslines but they're fun to play nonetheless. I think "Hitchin' A Ride" was the first song I learnt to play on bass. Great band.

8. He has some cool'ish rythmes in Homecoming, Jesus, and a few others, I'll admit the bass ain't much in this album, but it's fun to adapt, as I'm sure he will, as he usually does this.

What about Sassafra's Roots? i love that line. Welcome to Paradise solo, ain't much, sounds good! Knowledge?! Now THATS some funky punk! :p

im eagerly waiting for feb 10th. :D :D
  9. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Im going to see them in Manchester sometimes early next year, i cant remember what date. But im sure it will be PUNX ;)
  10. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
  11. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Mike Dirnt is an awsome bass player...

"Welcome To Paradise" has an awsome bass part towards the middle...

Minority has the funnest bass line ever..

when i come around.. long view...
  12. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I'm very dissappointed. We haven't yet had one snide comment about this belonging in misc. :scowl:

brad cook
  13. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Their tour manager had backstage passes for us, but we had a gig in Clemson, SC. :mad: I wanted to see them.
  14. I want them to tour Australia. On their site it says they will next year sometime... They better...
  15. Greenday are good.....Mike is a good bass player too. I learnt the start of Longview, but then some biatch stole my bass tab, so I don';t have it anymore. They're comin to England some point next year.....I might go if I have some spare money.
  16. heh Nick, chances are if you aint got a ticket already, you aint gunna get one for cheap!
  17. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    YARGH!!! I was planning on catching them in SF (homecomeing show! woot!) over thanksgiving break, but by the time I had the money, it was sold out. Not surprising, but this is like the third time I've missed a chance to catch Green Day live! Though it did inspire me to finish my Radio Production concert promo assignment (see: Green Day playing Gilman for one night with my band opening...i.e. total mayhem).

Oh, and as far as Mike's playing on American Idiot, it fits the songs really well and it's still a great album even with the simpler bass lines. To really hear him go nuts, listen to the Kerplunk! version of "Welcome to Paradise" where the guitar isn't mixed as high because of the rather um..."less than stellar" recording equipment. In fact, just go buy Kerplunk. It's the best thing they've ever done IMO. Along with American Idiot (which I consider a completely different kind of beast)
  18. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Feb 8th, Metro Radio Arena. Newcastle.

Should be cool.
  19. went to the cincy show.

was surprisingly impressed with the bassist from Sugarcult's setup and tone.

went home happy.
  20. Mankind

Oct 20, 2003
    It's the Greenday admiration thread :D

*they rock* :ninja: