1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone going on holiday?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Fassa Albrecht, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Just wondering if anyone is going or has recently gone on holiday?

Off to Cymru tomorrow! (Wales)

2. I went to Italy (garda lake for 2 weeks and 1 week of venice)
    I'm going to Rome in about a month with me school:D

3. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Hoping for the Caribbean sometime this winter, but so far no plans.

4. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    My holiday this year will be getting the house to myself when my mam and dad go away on holiday!

5. Guadalajara in October! I'll definitely be visiting the town of Tequila.:cool:

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Haven't been on a vacation in 3 years. Go from working full time, to school full time, without even a day off in between. My Spring breaks get spent building homes with Habitat for Humanity, so I guess that's as vacation as I've gotten forever.

7. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    I just got back from a week in Bavaria and a couple days in Prague.

Bavaria = awesome.
    Prague = not so much.

I will say that Prague was in the absolute peak of tourist season, was very, very crowded and busy and that our rental car was broken into; causing us to deal with the local police, rental car agency, insurance company, etc. until 2:00am one evening.
    Were it not for the crowds, difficulty in getting around, crime, and a few other things, I would have enjoyed it more. There's lots of very interesting history in that city.

Bavaria is hard to beat. Beautiful weather, great food and beer, beautiful scenery, very friendly people, tons of outdoor activities, clean, easy to get around, great history, etc. I loved every minute of Garmisch, Partenkirchen, Freising and Munich!

8. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    One of my friends recently went to Prague with friends from Uni, they said it was excellent!

9. Yeah! ... Next tuesday night! 3 relaxing weeks in the Philippines.. I also went there last year at this same time more-or-less. "Pinas" is my old stomping grounds from when the 'Cold War' was still in full force and the Ruskies were still considered the "Evil Empire".

The prices are pretty good for most things in the Philippines. But one can not make it there without aircon in the hotels for sleeping.

10. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    For the amount of time, effort and money it takes just to get there from the U.S., I wouldn't travel there again. In speaking with the local friends that we have there (as well as the police), crime against tourists (burglary, car theft, car break ins, etc.) is a common problem.

I'd much rather spend a week in Herefordshire, the Wye River valley, the Bordeax region of France, Barcelona, Bavaria, Tuscany or several other places that I can think of.

To each their own!

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I have a couple weekend trips planned to go to Steeler games.

However....this woman will be taking a holiday....

[​IMG]

-Mike

12. Matt_W

Matt_W

May 3, 2007
    Leeds, UK
    I'm off to Amsterdam for 5 days with my girlfriend, I can't afford anything more expensive due to being a poor student, but it should be good fun non-the-less. There are loads of museums, and the red light district to visit, so we should be kept busy ......I bet you anything I get stopped on the way back into the UK to have my bags searched for drugs, god-damned long hair fascists. :bag:

I went to Prague last year which I thought to be pretty ace, we found the trick was to avoid the old town at night, and eat in restaurants elsewhere. We didn't have a problem with crime, and found everyone to be really friendly.