Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone going to Mudvayne in Detroit tomorrow???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Rumzini, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Like the question says.....

2. demento

demento

Mar 5, 2003
    Adrian, MI
    I am going

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Nope, not my thing. I'm an old guy, all the bands I like are dead.

Are Mudvane "Pile-Drivingly Heavy?"

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I won't be there either. I'm sure it will still be a good show anyway.

-Mike

5. Was going to, but its a bit far from Australia..... :D

6. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI

Hmmm..I could say, but I think we better get Nick's opinion on the matter. ;)

7. demento

demento

Mar 5, 2003
    Adrian, MI
    Yeah, I just returned from this concert... probably the best that i've seen them play.

The opening bands were all right except I did not appreciate what the bassist from Bloodsimple was doing to his bass. The last opening band, Life of Agony, was the biggest joke ever... I heard that in previous shows they were boo'ed off for being so bad.

In all, a good concert.

8. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Was Ryan wearing anything weird? I hope they're done with their image stuff now, it seems like it. It's much better to see them in their changed state, how was Happy? Man I love Mudvayne ...wooo!

9. dude, i cant wait till they come to Orlando, Fl on april 20th! i'm gunna freak out!

this will be the third time i've seen them and from the previous posts it sounds like its going to be the best so far.

i think that they are pretty much done with the make-up and stuff, but it doesnt matter to me if they wear it or not, they freakin own.
    i just hope the three opening bands are good.

10. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Hey hey...just got home myself from the concert. Demento...I thought the basssist was an idiot myself...banging on the bass like that. Got the crowd going though.

Myself, I thought Life of Agony was pretty cool. They seemed to be the better of the bands to me anyways...oh well.

Mudvayne was just freakin awesome. My fist show. Ryan was just shirtless with black pants was all. He has plenty of hair these days. I really liked the new stuff except for F@#$ing Determined. I heard that one on their site and didn't care for it.

And to think...Audioslave and Machinehead coming son!!!!

11. demento

demento

Mar 5, 2003
    Adrian, MI
    I didn't have a problem with Life of Agony's music, it was just the singer... Just that style of singing turns me off, and the fact that he would get slightly out of key made me cringe

Anyway, I thought Mudvayne's stage setup was quite amazing though. I thought it was going to be the simple small back drop in front of the amps deal that every one is doing. But instead everyone in the audience could walk away with their very own randall cabinet :p

12. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    LOL!!!!! No kiddin! How many of those do you think were real??? I sure wouldn't mind 8 Ampeg 4-10 cabs that's for sure!
    The singer of Life of Agony also had been studying the Scott Weiland School of Performing as well. Saw alot of those poses from him before. I just heard Life of Agony on Sirius radio....hmmm...sure sounded better live....