1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

anyone going to national guitar workshop bass summit w/ stanley clarke?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Broach_insound, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Just wondering if anyone else was going to NGW bass summit , Stnaley Clarke is going to be teaching there and It looks pretty cool. again just wondering if anyone else is going...

2. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    i was considering that or the berklee program, but both are too much $ for me... :bawl:

3. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I went to CT NGW last year for the bass summit (my teacher is the director of bass studies there), and it was cool and all, but I wound up paying a lot to be with bassists who were mostly less developed as players. I felt the classes were holding me back. So I won't be attending this year. Except I'll get my teacher to let me in to see Stanley. I think Gary Willis is going to be there too. :hyper:

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I went two years ago and didn't learn much, honestly. It was fun, met a lot of people, played a lot of nice gear, but in the end, didn't advance much as a player.

5. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    well Im already signed up :meh: Ill probably get something out of it and in the end I will still probably have alot of fun