Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone going to the Ohio Guitar Show on the 12th?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Derakh Djinn, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Derakh Djinn

Derakh Djinn

May 23, 2005
    Michigan
    I'm curious to know who else will be at the Ohio Guitar Show on the 12th. I'm heading there to check out some Schroeder cabs, since they are almost impossible to test out around here, this will be my one and only shot.

Anyone else going, or know who else might be there?

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I used to go every year, but they have less and less bass gear every time. I always get high hopes, but they get crushed more and more every year.

3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I believe Brian Barrett from The Low End will be there this year....

...carting a pair of brand-spankin'-new Roscoe SKB 3005's...

:ninja:

...but don't quote me on that...

:bag:

4. BigJH

BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I almost forgot about that show. I might try to make it up there.

5. Does it list what vendors are going to be there? I just wondered how you knew Schroeder would be there. Also, can anyone confirm whether or not Brian Barrett will be there?

Gard, any specs on those Roscoes?

6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    1: Flame Redwood/Mahogany Body, Spalted Purpleheart Fingerboard, Bart 3-band, Black Hardware

2: Buckeye Burl (not bookmatched, one piece)/Spanish Cedar Body, Maple (straight grained) Fingerboard, Bart 3-band, Black Hardware

Both really beautiful, they're sitting on Keith's bench about 6 feet from me right now, about to get the final setup and be shipped today!

7. Derakh Djinn

Derakh Djinn

May 23, 2005
    Michigan
    This answers the question of how I knew... :D

I sure hope Brian has a 1210 for me to test out... *hint* :p

8. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I've got an entire weekend gig at Put-in-Bay island and I'll be driving back (hungover) to Columbus at around 3pm. If Barrett is going to be there, I'll definitely stop out on my way home. He's got goodies that me likes . . .

9. I just heard from Brian Barrett, and he is going to have everything in his new and used section of the website at the guitar show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!