1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone going to the Ohio Guitar show.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Broadstbully22, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

Dec 5, 2011
    I am with my band mates. They have been before but I haven't, but for 8 bucks why not. If anyones going maybe some tbers can meet up.

2. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Where and when?

3. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

Dec 5, 2011
  4. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

Dec 5, 2011
  5. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

Jun 28, 2010
    Detroit
    Too bad it's not in Toledo instead. Coming from Detroit, it's not worth a 3 hour drive just to walk around and leave empty-handed (and possibly broken-hearted).

6. redcloud

redcloud

Oct 6, 2011
    It is a shame it is not promoted more. I live in Central Ohio and never heard of it.

7. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

Dec 5, 2011
    They do it twice a year is what the website shows. Looks pretty cool. I wonder how much bass stuff there is.

8. N.F.A.

N.F.A.

Jun 25, 2009
    In a blue funk
    I have been there before and it is a decent size show. I can't make it this Sunday though. Work committments...

9. Anyone from the Cincinnati area wanna go pm me! Maybe we could ride share up.

10. I've been several times. Brian Barrett from The Low End is almost always there with a lot of basses. If he isn't going to be there (didn't see it on his website), it wouldn't be worth going for me. Others may like to see lots of mid-grade basses. Brian was really the only one who ever seemed to have nice high-end basses.

It's still a good time though to see all the guitars.

11. redcloud

redcloud

Oct 6, 2011
    I am gonna give it a try.

12. possibly, not sure. I don't have any money to spend there, and barely enough to afford gas to drive there (2 hours). Our two guitarists want to go but there's been a lot of tension lately and could make for an uncomfortable afternoon if the talk goes bad...

13. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

Dec 5, 2011
    T minus three hours. We are going to tilted kilt for lunch first then the show. Hopefully I have a new bass by the end of the day.

14. fenix511

fenix511

Jan 12, 2007
    Just a heads up. The show is ok. If you are looking for what I would call standard stuff. If you are looking for a fender bass, a les Paul or a strat, there are plenty. If you are looking for rare or high end basses you may see only a few. We enjoy going, but rarely have found anything more than a handful of unique basses and guitars. That said, it's way better than watching football all day.

15. fenix511

fenix511

Jan 12, 2007
    Broadstbully22 what are going to look for there. At the show, I know what you are looking for at The Kilt! Ha ha!

16. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

Dec 5, 2011
    I am taking my ibanez artb100 and trying to work out a trade for a five string with a similar scale as my jazz. Jumping back and fourth from a short scale four string to a five string jazz is messing with me while I'm not looking and trying to sing. A five string p bass fender mim would be perfect.

17. fenix511

fenix511

Jan 12, 2007
    You should be able to get this done there. Most of the dealers will do trades which is nice and you should find some 5 strings there. You should have a good day! Good luck!

18. I don't think Brian Barrett from The Low End is going to be there, so I'm not going. I've been before when he wasn't there and it was akin to going to the bass room at guitar center. Not worth the drive for me.

You guys should post some pictures here in this thread.

19. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

Dec 5, 2011
    Show was ok. Not many basses that were not either really expensive or junk. I didn't get my bass, but it was still fun.