Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone gone to a P-Funk concert this tour?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Ethon, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Ethon

Ethon

Jan 25, 2003
    Akron, Ohio
    I've been thinking about buying tickets to this Sunday's show...

What is your guys' take?

2. I've heard that George barely knows who he is anymore.

3. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    im not going this year, tickets are too expensive, but i went last year, it was so awesome, although my ears hurt for the next couple days. One of the coolest concerts ive been to. You defanitly dont want to miss it.

4. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    I went over the summer at On The Bricks in Atlanta. I had a really good time and it was fun even if George didn't know who he was. Our very own Woodchuck open for them in his band El Pus.

5. slam

slam Guest

Mar 22, 2000
    Virginia
    Last time I saw them, which was several years ago, it was very bad. Gary Shider has lost his beautiful voice and now sounds like the cookie monster. The band was tight but the singing was awful. George has been that way for years but always had Gary to back him up. The only salvation at that show was D'Angelo sitting in and singing some.

I have seen P-Funk a number of times but I doubt I will bother to see them again.

6. FUNKonthewall

FUNKonthewall Nailing The Groove

Sep 29, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Endorsing: Fodera Guitars, Aguilar Amps, Dunlop/MXR Accessories
    They played a free show in our local park on May 21st of last year. I seriously just looked in the paper one day and it said, "George Clinton and P-Funk: free concert in Forsyth Park." I had a great time nonetheless.