1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone got $29k to spare? (Ric Content)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rush-2112, Oct 8, 2009.

1. I wouldn't pay a dime over $27,000

2. Willicious

Willicious Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Bend, Oregon
    Saw one of these in person in a music store (wasn't for sale), and have lusted ever since.

"NOTICE: This guitar is only being offered for sale on ebay for ONE WEEK. If it does not sell, then it will be returned to the COLLECTION. No second chances on this one."

This is the third time I've seen him try and sell this thing. What a wanker.

3. Well... sure it's pretty and for sure it's 'rare' as the guy LOVES to remind us (several times). Besides recording with it, what good is this thing? No one in their right mind would ever tour with it. I guess a proud collector could trot it out on special occasions and show it off to his "buds". I suppose it does have excellent tone (it better... for that price).

4. I saw that bit about the one week, only chance thing... Knew that was bull from the start, if anyone thinks they can get that much money from that, there's no point in keeping it in a display. Frankly, I wouldn't pay more than a grand over the cost of a new ric equivalent, I'd much rather see that being played than displayed.

5. It's at least 3 times now.

And it's always at the same price.

You'd figure he'd learn by this point.

He also has another Ric that's outrageous... in fact, he has 33 sales going on right now for guitars that have *0* bids.

Stupid never learns, though.

6. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    +1

7. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    I wouldn't pay that much for that bass even if Cindy Crawford was part of the deal, and she was on her knees!:rollno:

Sure it is a fantastic bass and in really great shape for its age, but come on? Even 10 grand is too much. And as has been said, what would a guy do with it? Play it out in bars? Jeez, if I did buy that thing it would have to be insured by Lloyd's of London!

I am all for vintage gear and understand those who like it but this is just a bass. I'd rather buy 2 new Ricky's and one from the 70's or 80's over that bass. And I'd still be 24,000 dollars in the plus column!

Even if I was a superstar like (insert bassist name here) I would not buy that bass....especially from that seller. And to that end, please be aware that this comment will only be available to read for one week....

:rollno:

8. wizay

wizay

Mar 5, 2008
    Norway
    sap with all the transparent plastic thingies? :ninja:

and djeez thats a high price :rollno:

9. scarekrow

scarekrow

Jan 27, 2007
    jus' doesn't even provide slightest pang of gas for me...
    borderline arrogant idiocy IMO.
    Seller probably owns a pharmaceutical or oil company & doesn't even know how to play anything except the 'screw you' money game.
    If I could afford it, I'd turn it into firewood & send back the ashes & 'screws'.
    (Do I sound angry? geez, settle down!)

10. Stampy

Stampy

Jun 30, 2008
    Connecticut
    Beautiful bass but no thanks!

11. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    60s basses are nice but they are not worth what collectors pay for them. Vintage gear is over-rated and over-priced.

12. Frankly, it looks like a P.O.S. to me. I don't care how rare it is.

13. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    He needs only find one other idiot and it will pay off, however ;)

14. +1. I love and 'preciate Rickies, but that's fugly firewood to me.

15. All's well in la-la land! :)

16. What if it were that chick from the Transformers movie? I forget her name but she recently hosted SNL.

17. Megan Fux?

18. pigsonthewing

pigsonthewing

Jul 7, 2009
    New Yawwk
    yum :D

19. She's haggy and nasty. :(