Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone got a link to a PINK Mark Hoppus MIM Sig. Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 1964, Mar 26, 2002.

1. 1964

Mar 26, 2002
    Too Close To Hell
    Anyone got a link to a PINK Mark Hoppus **MIM** Sig. Bass?

I've searched the Net and can't find a pic of the MIM sig bass in pink.

I’ve seen the surf green, and the daphne blue, but the only pink one I’ve seen is the MH Custom Shop version, which is apparently a completely different pink.

I'm trying to decide whether to order one in pink or daphne blue.

So any help would be much appreciated.

[And FWIW, I couldn't care less about MH or Blink-182, I just like the idea of a Jazz-shaped P-Bass, no more no less.]

2. A pink hoppus sig bass.

[​IMG]

3. dmaki

dmaki

Apr 29, 2000
    Chattanooga
    Mark plays a Fender Custom Shop bass. The MIM Signature model of his has a one-piece pearloid pickguard and has standard dot inlays. Other than that, that picture is just about the same as the MIM Signature model.

Sorry to be anal,
    Dave

4. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    The pink used on the MIM Mark Hoppus bass isn't a hot pink, it is more of a mild pencil-eraser pink.

5. sheesh, the guy asked for a Pink Hoppus bass, I found him a pink hoppus bass. :rolleyes:

I'm not a hoppus expert, how was I to know?

So, 1964, the bass i posted isn't EXACT to the sig bass, but close.

6. 1964

Mar 26, 2002
    Too Close To Hell
    Thanks guys, I'm sure you mean well.

I tried to make my requirements clear and specific, but I obviously failed.

I've had no joy on another board also, and every pic is either of daphne blue or surf green, or of MH's own Custom Shop bass.

I've seen and am aware of everything about this bass, except I haven't seen it in one colour, and that is pink.

My understanding is that the **MIM** is a very different pink than MH's own, and I'm only interested if anyone has a pic of the **MIM** bass in pink.

Thanks.

7. BillyBishop

BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Canada
    I have one...but I don't have a pic yet. The colour is called shell pink though.

8. BillyBishop

BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Canada
    This guitar is the same colour(shell pink) Just pretend it's a hoppus bass and voila.

[​IMG]

9. 1964

Mar 26, 2002
    Too Close To Hell
    Thanks Billy. It's darker than I imagined it would be, compared to the anaemic Daphne Blue and Surf Green shadings I've seen. Which is why it would still be good to see this on the MH, because I suspect they are not true to what one would expect.

10. Here's my P-Bass in shell pink also. I'm assuming it's a similar shade:
    [​IMG]

11. Here's a long shot...maybe you could grab any picture of a Mark Hoppus MIM and use a good graphic editor to fill it in with a pink colour? I think Adobe Photoshop lets you replace colours within certain RGB parameters.

12. BillyBishop

BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Canada

Ya its like that but mine is only SLIGHTLY darker/pinker(is pinker even a word?).

13. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    I just went to GC today and saw a Pink Hoppus bass.

The pink looks almost exactly like the pink on the bass FunkyCarnivore posted.

14. [​IMG]
    and he's holding it 2!

... i think it's the right bass...

15. i'd get it in lime green but i dont think they come in that...

16. 1964

Mar 26, 2002
    Too Close To Hell
    rocking 4 life:

That pic is once again of his own Custom Shop bass.

The MIM is easily recognised by a one-piece/all-in-one plastic pickguard/control plate.

Besides pink, it also comes in surf green and daphne blue, both of which I've seen, but neither is what one would expect...

Both are anaemic, and that's how I expect the pink to be, so I'd still like to see for real, before I consider ordering one of these from 12,000 miles away.

17. 1964

Mar 26, 2002
    Too Close To Hell
    Thanks BillyBishop and EString!

rabid_granny: I can envisage what a pink bass looks like, but the shade of pink is most important to me, and I can't envisage the unknown. I don't like hot pink for instance, and neither do I like the shading of the Jaguar posted. However, the pink of funkycarnivore's P-Bass does appeal to me. It would cost me a small fortune to return such a bass if I didn't like the colour!

18. BillyBishop

BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Canada
    Its more like funky carnivores than the jaguar, infact I have mine in my hands right now and its almost identical.

19. 1964

Mar 26, 2002
    Too Close To Hell
    Cheers Billy!! :)