anyone got a T-Mobile Sidekick 2?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by xcental34x, Feb 6, 2006.

1. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I've had my Sidekick since this past August, and I've got to admit.... I hate it. It makes me feel like a little kid playing with a toy. I just can't comprehend people actually thinking this is a real cell phone.... Ok, now I'm ranting. But anyways, I was curious if there are any TBer's who have a Sidekick, also. What do you think of it? Do you like it? Huh?
  2. jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    What all can it do? I've never seen one in person.
  3. LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    if you have the use for it I'd recommend a Treo 650 or 700. I love my 650 and the camera is actually pretty good. It does not have a flash though.
  4. Had mine since they came out. Hand-me-down'd the first color sidekick to my wife and now i've been carrying the SK II since the month it hit market.

Simply the most useful piece of tech i own. Never leaves my hands. And I'm a software development manager by day, so I'm fairly well tuned to the mobile tech world.

It's actually -more- useful than the usual Blackberry choice. Hold on to it and get comfortable. Brilliant little device.
  5. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Jiant, it can pretty much do everything, on a limited level: phone, AIM, e-mail, internet, camera, text message, etc. It has plety of useless, but I find the interface limiting, and just not qualitative at all.

LarryO, I'm actually wanting a simple, regular cell phone. Something that doesn't have all the bells and whistles where anyone can get in touch with me by whatever means; through telephone, and text message alone, but also use as an external modem for my laptop. The Samsung T809 is what I've got my eye on. It runs on the Edge network, so internet would be a bit faster than my Sidekick, which runs on GPRS.
  6. XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    Technology is moving so damm fast now, its like trying to watch a hockey puck moving around the rink.

I think im cool now because I know have a flash drive or memory stick.