Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone got an Acoustic 360 they'd like to sell???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by relman, May 19, 2001.

1. ?????????????????????

2. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buy a new one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    check your local classifieds. check the classifieds on www.harmony-central.com . you see them for auction on ebay every once in a while. www.gbase.com has a few but i think they're way overpriced. i see them there for over $1000! i don't think you should pay more than $500 for both head and cabinet. good luck. you might also look into getting a 370 with the 301 cabinet. the 370 sounds very similar but it's got the pre and power amp integrated into one unit.

4. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    STEVEKIM.......Your statement about 370's & 360's sounding very similar is WAY off the mark! I own a 360 and a 370/301 (371) rigs and they couldn't be any more different! I much prefer the 360's punch and "hollowness" over the 371's straining attemp at LOW end. Sure the 370 is a good amp, but NOTHING like a 360. As for the prices, 1000.00 these days is cheap.I've seen them sell in the Boston area for 1600.00!!!!! I sold my other 371(yes I had two!) rig last year for 800.00, and the guy almost KISSED me!

5. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    location must have something to do with the difference in price i'm seeing on acoustic stuff these days. i bought my 371 a couple of months ago for $350, and it was in mint condition. there was a guy selling his 371 in recycler.com (a local los angeles classifieds) for $500 a couple of weeks ago. i also a see plenty of 361's in used instrument stores going for under $800.

my statement on 370's and 360's was based on me comparing my own 371 with a friend's 361, and i thought they both sounded very good. i was merely suggesting to relman that he look into getting a 370, he might be pleasantly surprised.

6. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    STEVEKIM......Sorry I didn't mean to come across as an ass! You're right, he will probably DIG a 370! As for 360's for 700.00-800.00, send me links! I'll buy them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. pbassfreak

pbassfreak

May 2, 2001
    long beach
    try nealsmusic.com..he's got a ton of acoustic heads ..ive bought some stuff from him..no problems
    always ask what he'll take for it cuz the prices shown are preety high usually but he isnt afraid to talk