Anyone got an SX in the metro Detroit area?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by matrok, Jan 21, 2006.

1. matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    I'm looking for a project bass to play with while I try my hand at pick up swapping, neck adjustment, even refinishing. I've read a lot of good about them on the megathread, but would still rather try one in my hands first.
  2. Sorry for the unhelpful post but....Hello fellow Michiganier. I am from St. Clair Shores, if I ever get an SX I will PM you :D Just thought I'd say hi I havent seen many people on TB who are from around here (maybe I'm just not looking hard enough). Good luck in your quest though.
  3. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
    Hey guys, I'm from Warren. I have an SX fretless if that would help? Pm me if you want to check it out.
  4. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Hey im from Imlay City (close to Lapeer if you know where that is) as you can see and if you wanted to make the hour and a half drive you could try out both of my SX's. I also have a Geddy, Spector, and a Rogue as well.
  5. matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    Thanks for the offer.

There are a good number of us from the metro area hanging out here. Threre was a get together not too long ago with hanging out at Low Down Sound, the all bass store here in Ferndale. If you haven't been there, you should check it out.

Goose, I may take you up on it sometime. I get up to Port Huron now and then and could swing over 69 for the scenic route home. We actually looked around for houses in Imlay City at one time when we lived in Port Huron, but changed our mind when we thought I was gonna get beat up at the Big Boy. Not a very warm reception from the locals. Guess they didn't like the look of a long haired guy with earrings back in 1992. :rollno:

Take care all and thanks for the replies. PDB, I've sent a PM. Maybe we'll see each other at the next GTG