1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone got any good storm pics from this past weekend?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fenderhutz, Jul 2, 2012.

1. I lost a couple trees but saw this posted on the Facebooks and it really hit home how bad this storm was.

[​IMG]

Anyone else get any pics of destruction around where they live?

This is honestly some of the worst storm damage I have seen in my lifetime in this area. Twisted up signals, power lines down everywhere. My inlaws won't have power for another 4-5 days. Been 90+ on almost every day.

2. This one was two houses down from me. Ruptured a gas main, hence i haven't been allowed in my house since Friday...

While out driving around we saw some extensive damage, worse than I've ever seen from anything other than a tornado.

Attached Files:

3. I got more pics I will try and upload today.

4. They had to dig out their 2 year old daughter, but she was fine. It went through the other daughter's bed but she was thankfully in her parent's bed while afraid to sleep with the storm.

attachment.

Attached Files:

5. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    I think it was in 2003 when Memphis got hit by similar "straight-line winds" that caused a huge amount of damage. (It was referred to as "Hurricane Elvis", but it was straight-line winds.) Some people were without electricity for 6 weeks. No lie. I was fortunate. Mine was only out 2 days. My heart breaks for those folks going through this...