1. Search results will be severely limited for the remainder of Thursday. A corruption forced us to rebuild the search index. Reindexing is in progress but will take several hours. Thank you for your patience!

Anyone got any idea what this type of song is called?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Fassa Albrecht, Jun 22, 2008.

  1. This is a song I have to play in worship band called You Are Holy.

    What i want to know is what the singing technique or term is for this type of song. It has an echo on the verse and then splits into two choruses sung by male and female voices.

    Here's the video- the chorus kicks in at 0.56 and continues until 1.32.

    Anyone got any ideas what the term used to describe the chorus is?

    PS It's not a madrigal because that's a strictly medieval term and it's not a round because the choruses are sung together.

  2. hbarcat

    hbarcat Supporting Member

    Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois