Anyone got coated Balls? errr...

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by phatbass, Aug 23, 2009.

1. I better rephrase that. Has anyone actually got hold of and tried the new Ernie Ball coated strings? I've googled and seen a lot of speculation, and I know there are clips available, but have any TB'ers put 'em on a Bass and tried 'em?

2. zuma

zuma

Dec 21, 2006
    East Los Angeles
    Tried to buy some at my local Guitar Center. Still not in stock. :spit:

I think Ed Friedland said they basically sound like nickel Slinkys that have worn just a bit with the added benefit of long life.

Actually...here you go:
    http://www.ernieball.com/news/45-1

3. Antrocco

Antrocco

Aug 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Sounds like a personal problem...lol;)

4. slap2much

slap2much Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
  5. p-bass

p-bass Guest

Feb 17, 2008
    Anyone got coated balls ? That's sooo funny...well,not really. My friend picked up a set,they do sound like broken in nickels. I will be sticking with my DR's though.

6. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    They were handing out free sets at the local GC on Sunday. I got a set with 100 on the bottom and 45 on top. I never played any of Balls strings before, but the coated strings are exactly the same feel as D'Addario. $23 a set.

G

7. Do the EB's seem to have higher tension then D'addario's? Thats what I recall when I was using EB's last time.. Im very interested in the coated 100-45, hoping they will have the same feel and sound of my broken in D'addario 100-45 nickels?

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021