1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone got feedback on Webstrings.com

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by chbecker, Mar 5, 2001.

1. Webstrings.com has some really cheap strings, but I have really fallen in love with my DR Sunbeams. Can anyone out there compare the Webstrings.com cheap strings to a brand-name string to give me a better idea of their quality of sound? Are they round core or hex? Nickel or Nickel plated?

$10 a set sounds really good to me, but what do the strings really sound like?

If anyone doesn't know what I am talking about, check out www.webstrings.com.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

They're the best deal on strings I've found on price-value relationship. Plus, they fill/ship your order like lightning.

I don't use them on the basses I take to gigs. They aren't nearly as bright and punchy as the DR "Marcus" (a.k.a. "Fat Beams") I use "in public." I definitely wouldn't use them in the studio.

That said, it was worth it to me to find out just how doggone good, reasonably priced strings could be.