Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone got sound clips of TI JF's on a ray?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Lewk, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Lewk

Lewk

Oct 19, 2003
    I'm considering putting TI Jazz Flats on my stingray (seeing as a lot of people rave about them) but i would like to hear a ray with them on first, as they are fairly expensive here in the uk. Anyone got any clips of a ray with them on?

I did a search but found nothing.

Cheers.

2. A fretted or a fretless Stingray?
    I got a clip of the TIs on my fretless.

3. Lewk

Lewk

Oct 19, 2003
    well fretted preferably but i suppose a fretless can't be *that* much different....

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  5. Okay these are on a fretless, but at least you get some idea.

Click Here to Listen

6. Lewk

Lewk

Oct 19, 2003
    ooh nice fretless sound...very rounded and fluid. still qutie expensive to take the plunge though! maybe i should try some on my ibanez first. hmm.

7. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    the link is dead :-/

8. Oops! Typo! Here's the corrected link:

Fretless demo

9. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    Put a set of TI-flats On my fretless Sterling.
    That was three years ago.
    They get better with age.

10. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Stingraymund, your bass and chops sound very good man. I was under the impression that you were new to the fretless. If you are, you are a fast learner. Love the Ray with TI Flats.

11. Thanks for the compliment Armybass. Yeah, I've just played the thing for a few weeks. I'm pretty motivated though. :) I've also been told I have excellent relative pitch (i.e. as good as you can get without having perfect pitch). I also sing, and I can also tell when stuff isn't in the original key, so I guess it helps.

I've also been diggin out my old Paul Young LPs and practicing nailing down all the Pino licks I can find. The first few notes in that mp3 I actually stole from a fill from "Everytime You Go Away." :)
    But most of all it's just this nonstop practicing on the fretless these few weeks. Last night I had a gig playing keyboards (which is my primary instrument actually), but I wasn't totally motivated and had to lug a whole bunch of equipment...if it were up to me I'd just stay at home and practice the fretless, haha.