Anyone got these funky tunes?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by sshorepunk, Jul 18, 2004.

1. Hi

Has anyone got a transcription (or TAB) for the following:

Somebody elses guy - Jocelyn Brown
    Jamacia Funk - Tom Brown

Bass and guitar chords if possible, I'm going to work them out later this week anyway, once I get off these freakin night shifts! Figured I'd ask if they existed in any form before I started!

2. Apologies! Put it in the wrong section, should be Tablature, can someone move me please?

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I'm almost sure Jamaica Funk (Funkin' For Jamaica) is synth bass. Bob Baldwin's version may have bass in it though. Not a lot of tab exists for R&B/Funk tunes. Good luck finding any. There are a lot of funk guys here though who may be able to help you. I know the songs but I have never used nor know tab!
  4. They are both going to be fairly straightforward to work out, just being a bit lazy here hoping for a bit of help before I start!
    Funkin for Jamcia should be the easiest of the two, I've got some killer versions of this, probably the best one I've heard is on an Eryka Badhu (spelling?) live album wher she goes into partway thru another track (CD track 8), the name of which is avoiding me (at 4:00 in the morning) nice slap bass part by ?? (another name gone outta my head) Also got a version mixed by Borish Delugosh where the bass line is synth until partway thru when goes into a cool slap breakdown, sounds niiiice!