Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ANYONE got your're Hartke's yet?????????

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by fenbull, Feb 1, 2004.

1. fenbull

fenbull

Oct 31, 2003
    Akron ohio
    just wondering cuz alot of you ordered your sets before me and it was weeks ago since i sent in for them. :meh:

2. HMZ

HMZ Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2003
    USA-Mineola
    I mailed in for them when the add first came out and still have not received them. :confused:

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    i sent out for mine in mid december....nothing yet.

-Mike

4. kmacleish

kmacleish

Nov 19, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Not yet - sent my $3 at least a couple of months ago. Of course, I am expecting this to take at least as long as a typical mail-in rebate - say, three months?

I'll be watching closely for other's reports here.

5. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    Glad to see I'm not the only one still left without them. I kind of have a history of things of mine getting lost in the mail and I'm glad this isn't the case...yet. :p

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I get a lot lost in the mail around here, for a few days anyway. Haven't seen the Hartke's yet, but rumor has it a bunch of Cannucks got them first from NAMM. Either way I'm expecting them in the next week or two: they said six to eight weeks. It's already been about 7 for me.

7. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    They sent a set to my store a month or two back. I think they went to any current of past Hartke dealers. They're good strings, nice and bright.

I'm not sure on this, but I think that they are D'adarrios because of the similar packaging and colored ball ends. Any other theories out there?

8. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    It wouldn't surprise me if they are D'Adarrio's. That would also be kind of cool b/c I already use them.

9. HMZ

HMZ Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2003
    USA-Mineola
    Hey I just got my Hartke strings yesterday. :)

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Mine showed up today, maybe I'll try them out sometime but I finally got to that point in my strings where they're perfect and I'm playing this weekend and I want to sound perfect. Maybe Monday I'll string up.

11. HMZ

HMZ Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2003
    USA-Mineola
    I asked a friend of mine today who works for D'Adarrio, if they are making the strings for Hartke. He said he wasn’t sure but he did say if the stings have colored ball ends then it is D’Adarrio because they have a patent on that.

12. I'll try them at my gig saturday.Got mine yesterday and strung up last night.

13. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    Hopefully mine will get here today.

14. sedgdog

sedgdog

Jan 26, 2002
    Pasco, WA
    I got mine and put them on my Carivin 5-string. The A,D, & G sounded pretty good, but the E not as good and the B was terrible. I think it had to have been defective. I played around with them all day, but didn't really care for them. Restung with my regular brand the next day.

15. I just received my Hartkes today. Makes one wonder how they can afford to give out free strings, doesn't it? Not complaining by any means! Thanks Hartke! :hyper:

16. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    It's marketing. By giving away something like this, you create hype and anxiety over the 6-8 week waiting period, starts stuff like this anxious thread and basically spreads the word around a LOT! Sure, they'll lose money at first, but with decent reviews coming out, they'll probably make decent money out of it.

It's a gamble, but I think this one'll pay off.

17. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    So are they D' Addario's? Mine still haven't come in. :mad:

18. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    i'm still waiting too :meh:

i sent my $3 out the second week of december. well at least i'm not the only one who's waiting

-jimbo

19. Yeah, I'm still waiting on mine. I hope I get them by next saturday, because I have a recoarding gig, and my strings are dead.

20. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I got mine finally. Got my bass strung up with a 5 string set last night but I've not had anytime to play it yet so I can't comment on the tone. The ball ends ARE colored so does that mean these are Daddario??
    -Bazz-