Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone gotten a neckthru Toby *recently*?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HeavyDuty, Nov 27, 2004.

1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    No, not for me.

My uncle (my age) is looking for an inexpensive neck-through five to string high B - he has delusions of being a guitar player. He's even willing to consider a six to get both low and high B.

Does anyone have recent experience with these? I see they have two different neck-through series now - with or without the asymmetrical neck profile. Are they still decent but with somewhat weak electronics?

2. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Their good basses for the price. I know a guy with a 5-string that he bought from that one store online that sells those. I can't remember the name, someone remind me.

It looks and plays good for the price.

3. I have a toby pro 4 that I got on a whim a few months back. I like it a lot. I'm more of a passive pickups guy, so I ripped the preamp out. Sounds nice, very comfortable to play.

4. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    http://www.musicyo.com/

5. High b? Why does he want to tune a 3rd for the fifth string?

6. Like HeavyDuty said, delusions of being a guitar player. Guitar is tuned EADGBE - his uncle wants to tune his bass either EADGB or BEADGB. I don't know why.

7. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Disgusting, ain't it?