1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone gotten RID of a Jag bass? Why?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Barfly, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    I love this Jag but still have a nagging "what if I traded it in for a..." feeling.

Anyone traded there's in/sold it? Why did you do it?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I sold my neck because it was too thin, hooked it up with a Precision bass neck which was right up my alley, just sold it because I had too many basses. Consolidated, and it came in at #2.

3. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
  4. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
  5. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    LOL. You might be right. Maybe I'm trying to justify something here. :eyebrow:

6. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    haha, well I do know they'll sound quite different from eachother.

7. what does a jag sound like?

8. bthiemann80

bthiemann80 Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Illinois
    I dont own a Jaguar bass but I was seriously considering buying one a little while back. It sounded really good, I liked the options, its exactly as far as I'd like to go active electronics wise and pickup selection/options wise. It felt alright too, but the thing that turned me off was the body. It just felt too small for me. it looked a bit too flashy too, I guess i've gotten so used to Fender Jazz and Precision bass models that I really cant cope w/ any other bass haha. that's just my $.02 tho........

9. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    I sold mine because it was being lazy and would not contribute anything to the household budget.

Damn lazy shiftless pile of wood...

10. johnnycat42

johnnycat42

Feb 27, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I am thinking of selling my Geddy Lee Jazz to get one. I'm intrigued by them. My P is my #1 so I could see having a Jag as a #2

11. I fell in love with a Jaguar at Guitar Center.. played it sitting down for about 15 minutes. I ordered from Ishibashi so I could get one in sunburst. Once I had it, I found it didn't fit me as well as I thought. It wasn't entirely comfortable strapped on, the neck profile in the lower positions gave me a hand cramp, and I had no use for all those electronics. Mostly, though, it didn't measure up to my Reverends. The Jag wound up finding a good home with a fellow Talkbasser

12. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    The Jag plays awesome, but I have a Geddy which, to me, sounds and plays better.

I am still trying to dial in a P-bass tone on the Jag, as I'd like a P-with the Jag neck, in my arsenal. I am a jazz-neck player. P-necks feel like a baseball bat. :spit:

I tried the Ibanez a while back and it is a sweet playing bass.