Anyone Greek?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Xaros, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Xaros

Feb 23, 2003
    Greece, Athens
    Anyone Greek? Am I the only Greek here?:confused:
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    It's Grecians in the US :p ;)
  3. Xaros

Feb 23, 2003
    Greece, Athens
    No, i mean from Greece? well it seems I am the only one
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    You very well may brother LOVES greece and has visited the island of corfu(his favorite part of Greece) about two dozen times :D
  5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000

I went to greece back in '96. Spent almost a month there. Kefalonia, Zakynthos, Delphi, Argostoli and Athens. Beautiful place.

I really can't wait to go back and see some more. Can't afford it, though.:(
  6. i am a memeber of Delta sigma Phi fraternity, does that count?
  7. My aunt is Marrying into a greek family. It is going to be a traditional Greek orthodox wedding, should be fun.

And I went out with a girl from Corfu, if that counts
  8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    big fat greek wedding:spit: :D

I've been to greece too, but I was really young and don't remember much.
  9. I'm Italian. Close enough.

HAHAHAHA j/k. If that doesn't insight a riot I don't know what will!!!

Honestly, Greece rules. Good food, good people, even better weather.
  10. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    I'm @ 1/4 Greek. My grandfather on my dad's side was 100% Greek.
  11. I'm half-Greek, ethnically. But I'm an American.
  12. My kung fu teacher is Greek. Got to do lots of line dancing at his wedding last December - that was fun.
  13. I guess we're all Greek at heart, right?

Birthplace of Democracy and all.

During most of the Roman Empire it was Greek and not Latin that was considered the language of Intellectuals.

One day I'll get there.

14. Well, I grew up in Tarpon Springs FL - one of the largest concentrated Greek populations anywhere outside of Greece and the islands themselves. And my little league team was sponsored by the Greek Community Service club. Does any of this count?

Nick, you are going to LOVE that wedding!!
  15. Thanks, I hope it will be fun. I was in Tarpon Springs over the summer with my family and aunt so we could get a feel for the Greek culture. It was a cool place and I got to take home a real sea sponge from one of the sponge diving tours!

Good times and good people.
  16. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Half greek half cuban.

17. DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    I was inaugurated as an honorary Greek after performing three Kefali Krunches in high school.

18. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    I went to Greece in 1995 and was in Athens for the Greek version of Mardi Gras! That was a good time!
  19. Xaros

Feb 23, 2003
    Greece, Athens
    Well yes, Greece would be heaven if we hadnt got our polititians. You know that the roads are falling apart because of the rain, and many cars are falling into holes? Well also we have a lack of good basses, to find my USA Hamer 2-Tek cruise bass i had to search in every store that existed. You know it the only model in Greece. One and only
  20. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I have also visited Greece many times - well the Islands usually - every year on holidays - Kalimera!

So last year I went to Kefalonia in September; previous years, I have been to Skiathos, Spetses, Parga, Corfu, and many other places.

I also like the traditional Greek Music you hear with authentic dancing - each dance seemed to have a different and interesting time signature?