Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone had a run with a Read Custom Bass Preamp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jon Chewning, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Jack's only built a few so I doubt I'll be lucky to have any bites on this one. Any info from an owner or user would be helpful...

2. GooseYArd

GooseYArd Guest

May 15, 2003
    Hey Jon,

Are you thinking of his upcoming rack mount preamp or something on board?

3. Arthur Poon

Arthur Poon

Jul 13, 2003
    Emjazz has one of the first units on order, I'm looking forward to read his comments. I've placed a deposit, the last time I e-mailed Jack he was still waiting for some parts to arrive.

4. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Well, what a nice surprise to see someone asking about Jack's pre. It just so happens that the last part that he's been waiting for was shipped friday to him and should be there anyday. If all goes well than the Read Purity preamp #0001 will be with me this week. I've played through the prototype and it blew the doors off of everything that's been made up untill now. I'm serious, no exageration. All I can say to you is order yours now!

Hi Arthur!:hyper:

5. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    -- tag --

6. Arthur Poon

Arthur Poon

Jul 13, 2003
    emjazz, that's great news! I can't wait to get my Purity preamp. Please let us know what you think when it comes in.:)

-Art.