1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone has tried a Warwick Jazzman 5 fretless ???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ipodeloc, Jul 29, 2002.

1. It's too late ... I have already ordered it! But I was so happy with my FNA Jazzman 5 (fretted) that when the idea came too add a fretless sister to it, I decided for almost the same model.

Warwick had not such model in stock (it will take 2-3 months too build it, with lines (yeah!) and built-in strap locks), so I wonder if someone somewhere has ever tried this model (or a FNA Jazzman fretless).

I love Warwick ... a bit heavy but what a sound!:D

2. Jazzman Ok, but I have forgotten to say that my new bass will be a STREAMER Jazzman (oh, just for a better feel with the contoured body).

3. FNA freak checking in. Never seen a fretless one, but I have played Warwick unlined fretless Corvette and lined Thumb BO with much enjoyment. I am holding onto some well-earned cash, waiting for GC to announce this year's anniversary edition Warwick. I'm hoping it's the Streamer Jazzman with curly bubinga top and all-wenge neck with trapezoidal inlays, as was given away by Bass Player mag back in March. As one who cut his teeth on Fenders, the only niggle I have with the Streamer Jazzman is the control knobs being a bit too close to the right hand playing area, and therefore subject to accidental adjustment if I am really flailing away at it. For this reason I prefer the Corvette FNA variants, but I do love the Streamer body. Here's a great backup bass project: Take a Streamer Std (MIG-not Rockbass) single PU version and, in addition to adding the straplocks, install an EMG BTC stacked bass/treb control. The result still weighs in at under 7 lbs and will melt in your hands and be light on your shoulder for those 4-set gigs. I did just that and sold it for more than I paid for it! (Of course, this was after I removed the Hipshot Bass Xtender for use on another basss). Post pix of your new baby upon its arrival.

4. Picts not before October/November ...
    Warwick had first say that it would take 6 months to deliver it, but as the guy of the shop where I ordered it directly spoke to Hans ... (boss of Warwick), he managed to reduce the delivery to 2 months. Ouf!

I was interested in a Marleaux Fretless Edition too, but they needed 7 months to build it and I couldnt try one before.
    With Warwick, there is no surprise : neck, sound ... I know it all now!