1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone has used a Boss GT-8 with the bass guitar?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Li Shenron, May 3, 2010.

1. Li Shenron

Li Shenron Guest

Mar 17, 2010
    Hello!

I have a Boss GT-8 for electric guitar, and I wonder if I can make it useful to play the bass too. Does any of you have any experience with it?

I use the GT-8 all the time with the guitar, and have used a lot of different effects in various songs over time. I am not a huge fan of using special effects on the bass, but perhaps some basic ones... why not?

Also, have you tried using the preamp COSM model with a bass? They work quite well for me with the guitar, although I know there's people who don't like them, and I wonder if it makes sense to use them with the bass as well.

2. takfar

takfar

Dec 21, 2008
    Well, if you have it, you're the best one to answer whether it works right for you. Try it out; if you like it, use it, if not, don't. I'd expect modulations and delay to work fine, while distortions and filters might be a little thin in the low end, but your ears will have to tell you if that's the case.

3. Victor Wooten does