1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone have a Bee bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sue Egypt, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Sue Egypt

Sue Egypt

Apr 19, 2019
    Cleveland, OH
  2. Sue Egypt likes this.
  3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    There are a few Bee owners on TB. I’m sure they’ll chime in here eventually. IIRC, they’ve been spoken quite highly of.

Sue Egypt likes this.
  4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    The builder seems to have had a lot of issues getting his instruments to buyers for years now.
    Bee Bass owners club

Adam Wright likes this.
  5. TheGreatSealof

TheGreatSealof Gold Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Deptford, NJ
    I admire the skill of the player. Wonderful!

Sue Egypt likes this.
  6. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    There was a cat who posted a lot here a few years ago who loved his Bee basses.
    Used, I'd try one. But as @Bryan R. Tyler said, lately delivering on orders seems to be an issue.

7. blowinblue

blowinblue Blue in name only. Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2006
    SoCal USA
    I recall that this bass was available several years ago from Dan at Luthiers Access Group. I nearly pulled the trigger on it. Seemed like the perfect bass to play in a Blues-rock trio. ;) What I can't recall is why I didn't end up buying it. Still enjoy looking at this photo. So sad to hear that some have given deposits but are still waiting for their bass. :thumbsdown:

bee bass hornet 1.

M. M.

8. BobKos

BobKos

Apr 13, 2007
    I haven't owned a Bee bass. I did own a Warmoth build that was assembled by Bee Bass' owner. It was a great playing bass. When Warmoth parts are put together by a skilled luthier the resulting bass is usually fantastic and that one was.

Sue Egypt likes this.
  9. Sue Egypt

Sue Egypt

Apr 19, 2019
    Cleveland, OH

Not another Pratt I hope.