1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone have a Hohner B2A?

Discussion in 'Bass Central' started by Thomas998, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Thomas998

Thomas998

Apr 21, 2015
    I recently picked one of these up, and while trying to get it working again have noticed that some of the wires aren't connected to anything. I'm now trying to rewire everything back together and replace some of the worn out pots... But I have no clue as to how the thing is really supposed to be wired. I have contacted Hohner and gotten diagrams off the internet but they are all for a B2A bass that had an active circuit with 11 wires leading off of it and had a total of 3 pot one of which was a dual concentric... the bass I have only has 3 single pots...

So has anyone ever run across an older Hohner with a layout as I describe? If so could you offer any assistance on where the wires are supposed to go... I swear the insides look like someone threw up solder everywhere to the point that it is hard to tell where some wires are actually soldered.

2. Michael777

Michael777

Feb 22, 2006
    General Manager: Bass Central
    Hi Thomas, Unfortunately have not seen one of those in a long time. Sorry we cannot help on this one,.

3. Thomas998

Thomas998

Apr 21, 2015
    Not a problem. I finally found someone in the German offices of Hohner that was able to send me some schematics for the bass. If anyone ever runs across a B2A FL in the future and needs the schematics let me know and I can forward you the information.
    Though after getting it all wired up the way it was supposed to be I'm not sure if anyone would want to go back to the original specs, the tone control you end up with the original specs doesn't provide that much control... but the preamp in them works well enough.