anyone have a manual....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 3 crotch grabs, Apr 24, 2003.

1. i'm looking for a manual for a pedal i just "inherited" (long story)

anyway, i'm terrible with digital multi-effects units, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

it's a Boss ME-8B

by the way, is this thing any good? i haven't even turned it on yet. but the price was right. FREE
  2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    this is all I could find when i had one of these. It's a quick start guide, and has instructions on how to use the unit, but not in depth stuff on each individual effect. Either way, it should help

It's attached as a zip file as pdf's now seem to be invalid attachment types???
  3. thanks man!
    that will really help.
  4. Quality

May 7, 2003
    Long Beach, CA
    I have owned an ME-8B for about 5 years now. It's held up well, the only problem you definately want to look out for is the Left(mono) out jack. All of the jacks are connected to a PC board. If this jack start to go the unit will switch intermitantly form patch to manual mode, very annoying. When you plug it in give this a small shake, if nothing happens the board is in good shape. If it goes intermitant the quick fix is to unplug and plug in the unit until it gets better (less sensitive). Once it starts it will never completely go away.
  5. thanks, quality.

i've got a different problem with this unit, kinda along the same lines.

the jack for the power chord is screwed up. it's bad enough that i don't think i'm going to get much use out of the thing.

oh well, easy come easy go.
  6. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Jacks connected to pc boards do suck, but they're an easy fix if you can solder. My Ibanez PT-5 had an intermittent input jack, so I opened it up, located the jack leg that was loose, and put a tiny bit of solder on it to reconnect it. I did the same thing w/ the led on my TE pedal. As long as you're not sloppy w/ the solder you should do fine.
  7. Quality

May 7, 2003
    Long Beach, CA
    I had tried that. I work for a space qualified electronics house and had some of our guys look at it. The problem with this is because of the mounting location, the board had cracked pretty bad at this connection causing an intermittant connection. I have some solder on there right now put it doesn't completely fix the problem. He may be able to fix his power adapter problem like this though with some cheap parts.
  8. i'm gonna try it...
    but, i just moved and all my tools are in storage now.
  9. SlapDaddy

Mar 28, 2000
    I have one I was going to put on e-bay but I'd rather give it to a 'Talk-Bass' guy! e-mail if you're interested.
  10. what, a soldering iron?
    i'm borrowing one from my geetar player.

thanks though!