Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone Have A Photo Of A Trans Green Stingray 5?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I remember seeing one with a maple board and white oval pickguard, and it was probably the nicest-looking production bass I've ever seen. Anyone have a pic of one? The old images of them on TB are kaput.

2. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    Like this?

[​IMG]

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Thats a little too yellow, if hes thinking of the color i think he is.

4. tkarter

tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    kansas
    If that is what he calls the nicest looking production bass Bovine you better keep this thread alive to show your buddies LOL.

tk

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That's exactly it! I think I've seen it with the oval (not extending to the controls) pickguard as well, but that's the one. I'm a sucker for natural-looking green basses-it's beautiful! Any other pics of it?

6. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Yup, it looks mighty yellow sometimes, but that's Heinz the Wonder Bass, which is coming home to me next week after some serious travels.

More pics here: http://www.bovinehost.com/exbasses/heinz.html

And I'll be taking more after I get back from a bidness trip, because Heinz now sports a rosewood board!

7. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    [​IMG]

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Looks cool. Ive seen a 4 string ray in that more trans teal/green color, which i think is awesome.

9. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    You're thinking of Translucent Teal. Heinz is indeed a Translucent Green finish. I truly miss that color.

10. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    How about this one?

[​IMG]

Chris A. :rolleyes: :bassist:

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    yea thats more the color i like. That with a white pearloid pickguard. Mostly on a 4 stringer though.

12. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'm not a fan of that color-at least not on basses. I did paint my bedroom that color once though-I call it 'Geo Storm' green :D

13. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    [​IMG]

That it?

14. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH

Thanks, it looks much better in person, you can see the grain through the color. I do plan on changing out the pickguard soon. I actually just got it recently, I'm not ready to shell out $50 for a new pickguard. I'm still not decided on what color I want anyway. I am leaning toward black pearloid.

Chris A. :rolleyes: :bassist:

15. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Wow, are pearloid MM pickguards really that much?

16. Yep. $55 I think.

17. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I love that MM trans teal shade. I'd love to get an SR5 with that shade and a maple fb.
    -b-

18. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    Jeeesh Jack!! I come over here to get a break from having to look at pics of "Heinz" and what do I see in the first thread I look at????

:spit:

19. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    The people know what they want, Steebo, and who am I to deny them their pleasure?

20. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    Do they?? I can't tell if that's the color the original poster was looking for or not...to me there's nothing "green" about that "Trans-Green" finish on Heinz. I've only seen that finish on your bass and max 1 or 2 others (thank God IMO) so if someone's looking for one I wish them luck...not many made.