Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone have a rack latch problems??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GSPLBASSDC, Aug 2, 2005.

1. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I've already done a search on this and came up with limited info.

Here's the deal.

I'm looking for a 6 space rolling rack to house my gear, but I want to steer clear of racks with the latches on the case to avoid vibration.

I'm leaning toward a Gator GRR6, but I'm not sure if they have this feature....any info on this or other racks would be appreciated!!

Thanks in advance for the collective TB wealth of knowledge!! :hyper:

2. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    My Gator Deluxe 2U racks both have the latches on the rack but the've never rattled as they are really heavy duty.

Just after checking I can only get a rattle if I actually tap on the clips. I keep the only part that rattles (the clips themselves) pulled all the way in like it is locked and They are dead silent.

3. Rumple

Rumple

May 12, 2005
    Seattle
    I've got a road ready eight space Rack and never have any problems with rattles. Most quality racks have pretty tight spring loaded latches, so you just have to clamp it with the cover off and nothing will rattle it. But I have no experience with a lighter rack. I'm sure there is racks out there with latch rattles, but I have not came across this problem yet. If you ever do get any rattles from your head or rack, you caN put a piece of foam between them, or even just set the head elsewhere. Ive seen both methods work out pretty well. I hoe this helps.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Mine from Hybrid only rattles when it's cranked to ten and then you can't even tell it's rattling.

5. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks guys! I appreciate the info

6. My recently aquired SKB Roll-x 6 space rack has the latches on the lid, has wheels, and has a handle that pops up. It's like carrying a built in handtruck! Very Cool :cool:

7. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    My older SKB 6-space sucked. The door latches would never stay shut. I upgraded to a Road Ready. Although much heavier than the SKB, its much, much more burly that the SKB. It really is road worthy.