Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone have a rack set up with the SVT-CL? Anything fit above it?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DraVenSF, Oct 6, 2004.

1. I was wondering if anyone had a rack set up with the SVT-CL. From pictures, the head looks like the top gets smaller due to the angle in the front plate. Is there enough space to add things on top of the SVT-CL?

If you got a picture of a set up like this let me check it out.

2. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    I didn't think you could rack up an SVT-CL, it's too wide isn't it? An SVP-CL on the other hand is mant to be racked up. If you pulled the chasis from the wood box in the SVT-CL you might be able to rig up something that would work, but you would need to make one hell of a strong rack ear assembly to support the massive weight of those transformers. Not to mention needing to protect the tubes from harm and all that. If going Ampeg is what you want and having it in a rack is crucial might I suggest going with the much more versatile, yet still all tube powered SVT-2PRO?

3. crud19

crud19

Sep 26, 2001
    Missouri
    If you mean, is the top of an SVT-CL deep enough to set a rack on top of it the answer is yes. I set a 4-space SKB roto-rack on top of mine all the time. No problems. Just make sure the heavy side of your rack (probably the front) isn't hanging too much over it's respective side of the head.