Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone have a Sony CDX-T69 car cd changer or similar?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Aaron, May 4, 2003.

1. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I haven't been able to figure out how it works. Supposedly, there suppose to be some sort of CD magazine/cartridge that fits in it. I don't know how to pop it out (haven't found a switch) or know if it even has one. Does there suppose to be a remote for it, too?

Thanks.

It looks like this:

[​IMG]

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, we have this, and ours has a little eject button on the inside, underneath the cartridge. we also have a remote, but i think that came with the actual dash unit. the unit we got was a sony, so it recognized the changer and just integrated it into the controls - we can page through the cds using the dash unit remote.

3. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Hmm... I don't think mine has the cartridge. When i press the the top and slide it open, i just have a rectangular prism in there with about 1 cm of space on each side that bounces around. You wouldn't be able to get your hand underneath anything. Is your dash unit a Sony XR-CA333 prehaps?

On my dash unit (xrca333) you can select which disks, change the volume, eq, etc., but there is also this cassette shaped slot that is labeled "MD/CD Changer Control." It looks like a cassette deck but that label is on the flap...

Thanks a ton, JT.