1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone have a Sony CDX-T69 car cd changer or similar?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Aaron, May 4, 2003.

1. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I haven't been able to figure out how it works. Supposedly, there suppose to be some sort of CD magazine/cartridge that fits in it. I don't know how to pop it out (haven't found a switch) or know if it even has one. Does there suppose to be a remote for it, too?

Thanks.

It looks like this:

[​IMG]

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, we have this, and ours has a little eject button on the inside, underneath the cartridge. we also have a remote, but i think that came with the actual dash unit. the unit we got was a sony, so it recognized the changer and just integrated it into the controls - we can page through the cds using the dash unit remote.

3. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Hmm... I don't think mine has the cartridge. When i press the the top and slide it open, i just have a rectangular prism in there with about 1 cm of space on each side that bounces around. You wouldn't be able to get your hand underneath anything. Is your dash unit a Sony XR-CA333 prehaps?

On my dash unit (xrca333) you can select which disks, change the volume, eq, etc., but there is also this cassette shaped slot that is labeled "MD/CD Changer Control." It looks like a cassette deck but that label is on the flap...

Thanks a ton, JT.