Anyone have a Warwick Streamer Stage 1 5er?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by timidbassist, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Just wondering if anyone has this bass? I have been playing one at GCs for a long time because i really love the super wide neck and flatness on the bottom of the neck and just the overall tone. I was just wondering what people think of them for their setup? I notice alot of rockers that have wicks are playing Thumbs. Is a Thumb something for me to look into playing Alter Bridge type rock? I really love the feel of the Streamer but if the Thumb would be a better choice then i would have to look into that.
    Any input would be AWESOME,
  2. I own a thumb, although I play slightly heavier rock, I love the sound, but if you like the feel of the streamer then go for it. It'll still have that wick GROWL! Dirk Lance used a streamer stage 2 for most of the stuff he played for Incubus - The earlier S.C.I.E.N.C.E album had some pretty heavy songs. Even Sam Rivers from Limp Bizkit played a streamer for awhile...

I don't think you'd be going wrong with either one - try them both out and pick the one you prefer. They should have a slightly different tone, but it really comes down to your choice...
  3. Jarrett

Jan 19, 2004
    Waxahachie, Tx
    I've had one since the early 90's. Back when they were handmade in Germany. I really dig mine, but haven't played one of the newer ones.
  4. What are the tonal/quality differences between the SS1 and the SS2? Would you folks say that the SS2 is a higher end bass, or just a Streamer with different materials?
  5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

If you like the chunky neck and wide string spacing, you'll like the bass. I got mine from The action was so low that I had to raise it! Not because it buzzed, but because I don't like super-low action.

IMO, the main difference is in the playability: the SS1-5 string spacing is noticeably wider than the SS2-5.